Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
| |
| | |

8Bitdo Official Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1607|Reply: 5

Connecting to iOS and what options we have

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-01-29 07:01:19
| Show all posts |Read mode
So with 8BitDo not willing/able to provide proper MFI support then we have to find alternatives.
Controller For All seems to be our best solution. It's a 3rd party (Cydia, needs jailbreak) app which can bind a Bluetooth keyboard to MFI controller inputs.
It also have various other methods. I'll list below, hopefully someone else can provide some help as it's so close to working perfectly

ControllersForAll > Bluetooth Keyboard.

This works OK, not perfect. Everything works except the analog sticks are not analog, they are digital. There is no slow camera movement using                  this method for example. Will work for any game which has basic controls or does not rely on Analog sticks.

ControllersForAll > Wii U Pro

So with the new extended firmware for the FC30Pro we can make it emulate the Wii U pro. This is great because ControllersForAll supports WiiU                Pro > MFI. Not so great, it connects and then the moment you press a button when in game the pad disconnects.

ControllersForAll > PS3

Extended firmware also allows PS3 support. Another potential solution as again, ControllersForAll supports PS3 > MFI. The only problem is                       there's no way to pair. To connect a PS3 controller to your iPhone you need to first use Sixaxis pair tool on a PC. This will provide you with the                   Bluetooth address of the controller and away you go. Except that Sixaxis Tool, whilst recognises the controller only gives you an address of                         00:00:00:00:00 which isn't the correct value.

So as you can see, no perfect solution, connecting as a bluetooth keyboard and mapping the keys is the best solution but not with out it's flaws.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-07-01 00:44:21
| Show all posts
good point. any update? why anybody doesn't curious about this? i want to use nes30 pro as mfi controller!. controller for all can't connect with ps3/wii U pro mode and keyboard mode can't mapping start and select button (doesn't work with gba4ios or provinance either)
i got 8bitdo app 1.5.2 but it seems doesn't work on ios9(loading forever, can't pair).
blutrol is dead on ios9.
somebody help!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-01-29 16:51:33
| Show all posts
Ok, so this is as far as I have gotten.. through icade mode, i have managed to get this controller to work with ppsspp (through happy chick) but the dpad and analog are the same, so you are not able to use each independently. In retroarch (not through happy chick, but stand alone rather) you can set "input keyboard gamepad type" to snes30 and then all the buttons work save for r2/l2/ or the analogs. you can actually still play a lot of games this way if you dont mind doing some crafty remapping through the controls menu within quick-menu. I still check from time to time to see if anyone has found a better way, but so far, this is as far as i have gotten /:

it's really too bad the 8bitdo people dont respond to any of these posts. they have made such an amazing controller, and all we want is to be able to use it to its fullest potential. if you are listening 8bitdo: PLEASE HELP US USE OUR CONTROLLERS! PLEEEEEEEEEAS.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-01-29 20:45:01
| Show all posts
To be honest, if u Jailbreak, try using a wiimote as controller if u have one. There is a repo/hack (MFIWrapper i think) for that and it works very well for iNDS. Not too sure about the rest. I only use controller for iNDS.

I've tried controllers for all (free version) but it's pretty unstable or it could be the cheap controller i use. Anyway whenever i load save files or restarts a game(not the iNDS application) the controller mapping got reset as well...and i have to leave the game to set the mapping back correctly.
来自苹果客户端来自苹果客户端

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-02-04 00:34:37
| Show all posts
Actually, PS3 mode can work with ControllersForAll.
Just input the bluetooth adress of your phone in Change Master and then update it.
You can find your bluetooth adress in Settings-General-About-Bluetooth(the one below Wlan adress).
When I use it on PPSSPP in PS3 mode, everything is great except L3/R3 and Start/Select. So I’m using L2/R2 as Select/Start now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-03-09 15:12:47
| Show all posts
Will you help me get this controller to work in the way you have described? I have the nes30 pro with the ps3 firmware, but I cant get it to connect to controllers for all. I was wondering what "change master" is, and how to use it. Any help would be much appreciated (:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|8bitdo.com  

2017-05-22 13:16 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.049085 sec., 15 queries .