Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
| |
| | |

8Bitdo Official Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 8773|Reply: 23

[IOS] iOS App Help!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-07-01 02:03:19
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi 8BitDo Forums,

I purchased a NES30 controller 2 months ago hoping I can play my emulators (Provenance to be specific) using the controller.
I found out that I need to jailbreak my phone and download 8BitDo app to be able to use mode 4 with my new controller.

And so I waited for a couple of months for the latest jailbreak for iOS to be able to jailbreak my phone.
Finally able to do so a week ago as a jailbreak was recently released for iOS 8.3.

I got excited and installed Cydia immediately to download the 8bitDo app. To my surprise the app for iOS is not available anymore

IF ANYONE has the app stored or saved for the iOS, please share it to me. I'm really disappointed and specifically purchased the controller for that purpose and now I can no longer access the app to do so.

Thank you in advance!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-08-01 15:23:39
| Show all posts
Edited by TylerAllen86 at 2015-08-01 15:27

@nacho420 Sorry for delay & @chris2ferz  Me, no. Many, Yes. I personally, am interested in mfi emulation and playstation DS 3/4 emulation.
@nacho420 Yes, somewhat. retroarch 1.2.2 is supposed to be coming any week now for iOS, as its already been released for other systems such as mac. It has a very updated UI, as well as many bug fixes.

Anyway, retroarch. I'm close to getting everything working. So it depends on what system you trying to run. If its SNES then yes 100% Although the process is not "easy". n64 i'll have figured out soon.
A. You'll need ifile
B. You'll need controllers for all.
1.  Put nes30/pro into keyboard mode. Then go to controllers for all in settings. On controller type choose keyboard. (ios Bluetooth) (don't pair yet)
2. go into ifile to var/mobile/Documents | You'll see .RetroArch folder. Go into that. open retroarch.cfg with text viewer. Scroll down till you get to player 1 inputs and use the input provided in picture.
3. Now pair the nes30/pro with IOS device start retro arch. and choose content and navigate to the area you have an SNES game and it will run and should auto detect input device so the overlay will not be on screen
** retroarch auto loads the snes by default. If retro was fully working, then you could use the frontend option and change this and all the N64 buttons would work. currently only those that match the n64 will work. I'm working on figuring out how to change this manually.
IMG_0034.jpg
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-07-02 05:00:47
| Show all posts
GetMatee 2015-07-02 03:24
Tried installing the deb file and this is what I got. You have any idea what this means? Thanks!

Ah sorry, I forgot a step. You need btstack. Its free. search BTstack in cydia and install. Then it will work.
Once installed btstack is in your settings app. Keyboard & iCade will work under native iOS and Touch-emu will work under btstack.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-07-01 16:11:08
| Show all posts
Oh you might need some info.
Its a .deb file or short for debian. Its what cydia uses. You can install that through iFile. iFile is a paid app found in cydia. If you can't buy it, you can use a 3rd party repo such as hackyouriphone
You can add 3rd party repos inside cydia. sources-> edit ->Add
After you you install ifile, you'll need to use an app on your desktop such as itools to place the .deb in your iPhone's true filesystem. you can put the deb anyplace, but i recommend /var/mobile/Documents.
Then you can go to that place through ifile and click the deb and then install. In order for it to show up on your iPhone's  springboard, you'll need to install another app from cydia so it refreshes the icon cache. I'd recommend ppsspp (emulator) or retro arch.
Oh you might want to get a tweak called full force. This will allow the 8bitdo app to show up full screen on a i5/s - i6/6+.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-07-01 15:46:22
| Show all posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2015-07-01 17:46:46
| Show all posts
Edited by GetMatee at 2015-07-01 18:42

Thanks a lot, man! I'll try this out and let you know! You're a lifesaver. Cheers!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2015-07-02 03:24:46 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
Tried installing the deb file and this is what I got. You have any idea what this means? Thanks!
image.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2015-07-02 22:38:50 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
Cheers man! Thanks for the help! It worked!

image.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-07-03 03:59:54
| Show all posts
Hello there - I am in the same boat as OP but am having a different issue.  First off thanks for the help Tyler - your instructions and .deb file were awesome.

When I tried to install the .deb I get a few errors;

rm: cannot remove 'var/mobile/Documents/gamepad/game_list.ini': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'var/mobile/Documents/gamepad/settings.ini': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'var/mobile/Documents/gamepad/game_ldat.ini': No such file or directory

Finished with Result Code: 0

It gives me the Fc30 icon which allows me to connect - but start/select doesnt bring up the mapping bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-07-03 05:46:20
| Show all posts
seems to crash with ios 8.4?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-07-03 07:07:14
| Show all posts
aidlover 2015-07-03 05:46
seems to crash with ios 8.4?

That is correct - I get those errors when installing on IOS 8.4.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|8bitdo.com  

2017-05-22 13:19 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.057417 sec., 21 queries .