Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
| |
| | |

8Bitdo Official Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 5139|Reply: 13

[Windows] Cannot connect SNES30 to PC

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2015-06-26 06:57:56
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by daratin7 at 2015-06-26 07:52

Hello,

I am having incredible trouble connecting my SNES30 controller to my PC to be used for playing or for a firmware upgrade.

What I have tried is the following:

-The instructions included in the bluetooth firmware update executable. (Hold L+R+Start, plug in to PC via USB, click USB Update) The box for "USB Update" does not become clickable.
-Used multiple USB Cables
-Used multiple USB ports on the same PC
-Used multiple PCs
-Used multiple Operating Systems (OSs)

I have been checking the Device Manager every time that I have attempted to connect my SNES30 to my PC and no new devices have ever been detected. This is also true for the Game Controllers menu (joy.cpl).

I can safely say that the SNES30's USB port does work as it usually charges without problems.

I also know that it can be paired with my Android phone and used as a controller for that device, but it simply does not want to be detected on my PC.

Edit: While my SNES30 was previously able to connect to my Android device, it no longer does. I can pair them with little to no problem, but actually connecting and using the controller no longer works. The SNES30 no longer shows a solid blue LED and my Android device doesn't receive any signals from the SNES30 although it can pair with the the SNES30.

I have tried resetting the pair information (pressing Select for 3 seconds) and I have also tried resetting to factory settings (pressing Start for 8 seconds). Neither of these solutions are fixing my problem.

This is incredibly frustrating and will be writing a review on the Amazon website detailing what I have been expriencing and will also be considering a refund.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time: 2015-07-01 01:40:02
| Show all posts
If you want to upgrade SNES30 firmware, you need to follow the steps:
1. Make sure the controller power off, then hold L+R+START for about 3 seconds until two leds flashing, and connect to PC via USB cable.
2. Click USB Update.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-07-04 21:42:12
| Show all posts
8Bitboy 2015-07-01 01:40
If you want to upgrade SNES30 firmware, you need to follow the steps:
1. Make sure the controller po ...

Those instructions are extremely easy to find and useless for me. I've got the firmware update window open, turned on controller, held the buttons, plugged it in, the lights are flashing green, but the "USB Update" button remains grayed out. My computer just does not seem to recognize that it exists, regardless of whether it charges or not.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-07-06 00:28:06
| Show all posts
Busted POS 2016-07-04 21:42
Those instructions are extremely easy to find and useless for me. I've got the firmware update win ...

Please contact our support at support@8bitdo.com
Can you send few pictures show me the problem?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-07-15 13:14:17
| Show all posts
I am having the exact same issues- grey box does not go away. wont allow me to select usb update

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-07-15 13:15:14
| Show all posts
im having the exact same issue- the grey box remains greyed out no matter what i do

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-07-15 14:29:27
| Show all posts
Try following these Instructions I had posted in a earlier Thread. It's worked for a lot of people.

Firmware Update Instructions

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-11-19 12:43:42
| Show all posts
Greetings from Brazil, guys. Sorry to say that I have the same problem here and although I've tried all the steps above...still no game for me.

The "USB Update" button remains grayed out here too. Windows keeps saying it won't recognize the usb device.

I'll just keep checking this thread and seeing if anyone come up with some solution.

Thanks, folks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time: 2016-11-20 21:57:34
| Show all posts
aeliusantoninus 2016-11-19 12:43
Greetings from Brazil, guys. Sorry to say that I have the same problem here and although I've tried  ...

I have uploaded a tools for test whether the controllers can be recognized!

The test result will help us to improve the upgrade tools.

Any feedback are wellcome!
8Bitdo Controllers Upgrade Mode Test

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-01-14 15:44:12
| Show all posts
Hey guys, I had the same problem occur and I wanted to follow up with how I fixed it.

So this happened to be yesterday with my SNES30. It was on firmware 2.68, couldn't be detected by the PC, iPhone would not let it connect, and it worked fine in USB mode but constantly had both LEDs blinking. What I ended up doing is I downloaded the upgrade mode test that 8Bitboy linked here, launched the program, placed the SNES30 into the firmware update mode, connected USB, and it was detected by the upgrade mode test. After it was detected by that, the firmware upgrader was no longer greyed out and was able to detect the controller and update the firmware. Doing so then allowed the controller to reconnect via bluetooth and is working perfectly now. Thank you 8Bitboy for this and I hope this helps anyone who may be having similar issues.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|8bitdo.com  

2017-05-22 13:19 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.048319 sec., 16 queries .