Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
| |
| | |

8Bitdo Official Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 467|Reply: 22

[Android] NEW NES30 PRO D-Pad left button "sticking"

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-26 23:07:47
| Show all posts |Read mode
The D-Pad on my controller every so often is triggered/holds LEFT when it is not pushed. It does not happen every single time but during games where you are constantly doging left to right, it will seem to get "stuck" left and will need to be pushed again to "release". This is not happening physically with the D-Pad on the outside visually, its happening like a bad solder joint or a defective sensor, etc somewhere inside.
This has been happening on and off since the day I bought it. I brought it over to a party this weekend and when playing punchout a friend confirmed my issue when he kept getting thrown left when he was not pushing the d pad left and asked me if I realized there was an issue. All the other buttons work fine.

Mind you, this controller was purchased on ebay brand new right when they went on sale last year before anyone really even knew about them so I am sure this controller is from the first batch to be sold to the USA and probably has some sort of design flaw which was fixed. I have updated the fimware but the problem is still noticable.

I emailed support and asked if they could look at it or repair it and they told me "oh sounds like its broken" and to email the third party I bought it from and deal with them instead.
Is there no warranty for these controllers? Obviously they must have had someone else with the same issue as me contact them.

Any ideas? I'd like to get this one fixed/replaced instead of shelling out another 40 bucks on another. This controller still looks new and has been used gently for approx 20 minutes since purchased.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-01-06 02:22:20
| Show all posts
i HAVE EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM in ALL GAMES YOUR PAD DOES'T WORK i have informed AMAZON on situation
DPAD left  let us know where can we send a video but i have tried with FC30 and PRO same problem

Updated urgent requested !!!
i will send back units
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-28 19:01:34
| Show all posts
I got a similar issue. I just emailed the support and by the looks of the reply they send to you, my situation will be the same.  I got a bad R1 button. It does not make the "click" normally heard. The joystick was never dropped or something like that... and im already angry with the lack of support these controllers have.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-12-30 00:31:32
| Show all posts
I tried twice to get them to let me send it to them and the support person both times told me to deal with the third party I bought it from. Like the company on ebay I bought it from selling 10,000 things from China last year is just going to let me send it back to them because of a screwed up D pad... let alone replace it.

For all the hoop la these people are getting on youtube because of that stupid NES classic and claiming to be the best, you would figure they would have SOME sort of customer support for USA (or other countries outside of China). This forum is also a ghost town so I doubt any of our issues will actually be resolved.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-30 00:33:31
| Show all posts
Please don't feel offended, but may I ask you where are you from? It sounds weird to me that you want the brand to replace a product that you bought in some store You should return it to the store. If you do it in a reasonable time, they should replace or return the gamepad.

Faulty products can exist, but warranty for "just bought" products are usually managed by the store that sold you the product. At least in my country :-S

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-30 00:37:40
| Show all posts
"Like the company on ebay I bought it from selling 10,000 things from China last year is just going to let me send it back to them because of a screwed up D pad... let alone replace it."

Have you at least tried to send them an email? I mean, it's that company who sold the product to you. If you buy to a company that you already think it's not very trustworthy, I don't think it's fair to blame 8bitdo for not replacing it.

In the US, you can buy 8bitdo controllers on Amazon, and I'm 100% sure that you can ask for refund and replacements easily. Why did you choose that ebay importer?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-12-30 01:17:54
| Show all posts
molul 2016-12-30 00:37
"Like the company on ebay I bought it from selling 10,000 things from China last year is just going  ...

1) No. It was almost a year ago.
2) It was not on amazon at the time.
3) Because I do business on ebay.

Who cares where I bought it from if it was new? Why are you defending this company for not wanting to fix controllers that have flaws because they were not bought on amazon? Where do you think the controllers came from in the first place anyhow?; as far as I know there are no fake or counterfeit 8bitdo controllers, these all come from this company. Working perfect or with flaws.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-30 01:30:00
| Show all posts
I see. I didn't notice the "one year ago" in the OP. I'm sorry you've had that problem.

If 8bitdo has already told you that they won't deal with it, that's a shame. I can only recommend you to go to some electronic repairment shop and ask for help. Maybe it's just some small contact that can easily be replaced with something else.

"Who cares where I bought it from if it was new?"
Because the store where you buy it from matters, of course.

"Why are you defending this company for not wanting to fix controllers that have flaws because they were not bought on amazon?"
I didn't mean Amazon is the only store you can trust. I was just trying to make a point. Amazon has some warranty, and "some chinese retailer" (I'm thinking on Aliexpress.com) might not be that trustworthy. Man, you're getting it all wrong :-S Please calm down. It's not that important.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-12-30 01:40:35
| Show all posts
molul 2016-12-30 01:30
I see. I didn't notice the "one year ago" in the OP. I'm sorry you've had that problem.

If 8bitdo  ...

Are you responding without actually reading what is posted? It just seems you cannot stand to not reply to a post over and over and you are once again repeating yourself. Is aliexpress selling defective 8bitdo controllers? I just don't understand your defense in any of your posts, its like I am arguing with a child. Calm down, take a break and re-review your thinking tomorrow or something. Maybe take up golf or frisbee, hackey sack, etc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-30 01:45:42
| Show all posts
Hey man, when you actually calm down a bit, please let me know I'm sorry but I don't need to read some random negative internet troll blaming me for having a problem with a gamepad.

Have a nice New Year's Eve!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-12-30 01:47:46
| Show all posts
molul 2016-12-30 01:45
Hey man, when you actually calm down a bit, please let me know  I'm sorry but I don't need to read ...

Please stop trolling threads, its helping no one.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|8bitdo.com  

2017-03-22 16:22 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.060905 sec., 16 queries .