Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
| |
| | |

8Bitdo Official Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 2373|Reply: 13

New Sega Bluetooth Controller Suggestion

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-02-17 15:06:33
| Show all posts |Read mode
So I see some forum posters suggesting a Bluetooth Sega Saturn controller be made by 8bitdo which I agree should be made. These can be the same size as the orginal or a bit smaller because they would be better functioning for vintage games rather than any new 3D game. Anyways here are some pictires of what I think people want to see.

Original Sega Geneis Gamepad

Original Sega Geneis Gamepad

Sega Controller

Sega Controller

6 btton Sega Geneissi Gamepad

6 btton Sega Geneissi Gamepad

The 6 button layout may be a better option for you to make since with the addition of the extra 3 buttons it would make it more funtional on more systems. Just another suggestion, maybe a future consideration or project for you guys at 8bitdo

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-02-18 07:30:55
| Show all posts
Edited by chaz at 2016-02-18 07:33

I am one customer eagerly awaiting!

Personally I think a Saturn styled pad would be better, mainly due to its great floating d-pad, still unrivaled for shoot'em ups and beat'em ups.

These designs perfected the previous Megadrive ones:
https://segaretro.org/images/b/b5/Saturn_HSS-0101-2.png
https://segaretro.org/images/0/06/Saturn_MK-80315.jpg

Anyway, I think any SEGA pad would benefit the 8bitdo treatment.

Go for it (and thank you btw )!

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-09-24 13:25:02
| Show all posts
Yes, please! I have been waiting for these to shine us into a glory future. I probably have more different and awesome USB or Bluetooth controllers than I will ever play games with, but as much nonsense as it might be, I sort of collect these things by now and would probably buy every rebuild and modernized classic controller if it looks good, has the feeling and the quality. I would also prefer the Saturn controllers, they are just the perfection of that design. I also have original Sega USB controllers that were made once upon a time and they are glorious. I wouldn't mind to also maybe have the perfect controllers for Neo Geo, or Turbo Duo, etc. Although I could just take ONE of these controllers I have and just go with it... I will have to decide which controller I should use. It's too much now. ALTHOUGH it can never really be enough

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-09-24 13:26:14
| Show all posts
Yes, please! I have been waiting for these to shine us into a glory future. I probably have more different and awesome USB or Bluetooth controllers than I will ever play games with, but as much nonsense as it might be, I sort of collect these things by now and would probably buy every rebuild and modernized classic controller if it looks good, has the feeling and the quality. I would also prefer the Saturn controllers, they are just the perfection of that design. I also have original Sega USB controllers that were made once upon a time and they are glorious. I wouldn't mind to also maybe have the perfect controllers for Neo Geo, or Turbo Duo, etc. Although I could just take ONE of these controllers I have and just go with it... I will have to decide which controller I should use. It's too much now. ALTHOUGH it can never really be enough

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-09-24 17:06:22
| Show all posts
PLEASE do this. I am new to your products and very impressed so far... but you need some sega love. A Saturn controller would be amazing, as that system is getting better and better emulation all the time, plus it would work fantastic with all the sega systems that came before it. Basically, an 8bitdo Saturn controller and a dreamcast controller would just plain rock!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-09-24 17:08:13
| Show all posts
Edited by phunetik at 2016-09-24 17:10

Sorry for double post... I just also want to say that I love this company.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-09-28 00:54:41
| Show all posts
Edited by molul at 2016-09-28 06:54

+1 to the Genesis 6-button inspired pad (I like the 3 button one too, but the 6-button was better IMO). The first time I saw 8bitdo's NES and SNES controllers I run to their website looking for Sega inspired controllers, but no luck.

A 6 button controller, with XYZ-ABC as in the original (fortunately XY-AB buttons position match modern controllers' position ), and also L1, L2, R1, R2, and a Select button (instead of "Mode" which by the way I never used in the original console) would totally ROCK.

I feel like making a diagram to post it here. To the "to do" list!

Oh, and this is my first post here. I registered just to ask for a Genesis controller, but I'd also like to say I really like this company and I hope they keep doing quality retro controllers.
EDIT: I wouldn't mind if they directly went to Saturn themed ones. It's like the Genesis 6-button controller but with shoulders and a bit more ergonomic.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-01-20 01:40:59
| Show all posts
One More Day One here:

also just made a account to say i would love a Sega 6 button controller

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-01-25 15:55:22 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
Count me in as an instant buyer of a Sega Genesis 6-button controller and retro receiver!  You've taken care of our NES and SNES needs; now we need some Genesis love!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2017-01-25 15:55:44 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
Count me in as an instant buyer of a Sega Genesis 6-button controller and retro receiver!  You've taken care of our NES and SNES needs; now we need some Genesis love!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|8bitdo.com  

2017-03-22 16:23 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.068578 sec., 19 queries .